I have to warn you, I might seem a little odd today. I think I’m actually going through physical withdrawals. (Which is both hilarious and disturbing.) Why you may ask?
Let me clarify… The other day (Tuesday at 1:23 a.m. to be exact), I had the brilliant drunken idea to get rid of my social media accounts. I’m not a tweetererer, but I do compulsively check facebook and put all sorts of lovely photos on instagram.
I’ve actually been thinking of doing this for a while, but I never really thought I’d do it. Honestly, it’s fairly embarrassing how motherfucking addicted I was/am to Facebook. So, I decided to practice some self control.
Fast forward to a day and a half later, here I am. Practically twitching. Typing Facebook into my computer every five minutes only to get to the log in page and remember I’m depriving myself of my main guilty pleasure.
To be honest, so far it’s been pretty shitty. Although, I do take pride every morning I wake up and don’t stalk random people I went to high school with on Facebook. And I’m more productive. And I’m finding a bunch of other fun things to do on the Internet. Andddd I feel like my iPhone just got a solid 60 percent less useful. (Yes I’m one of those dumb bitches that has a fancy phone but basically only uses it for social media. Sorry not sorry.)
But I feel like I’m depriving the Internet of all the hilarious things I would have normally been sharing. See! I really just care about the people.
Here are the gems I probably would have put on Facebook in the past two days:
- a funny quote about my friend and I doing our business homework. One of our questions to answer was “When is seduction okay? When is it not?”
- probs some pictures of me in suits, because that’s all I’ve been wearing all week
- a complaint that was mostly a complaint but a little bit of obnoxious-ness. “Ive been so busy in all these meetings and clubs and work and classes and blahblahh, love me I’m an overachiever!” (I know, I know. I’m working on it.)
- a picture of tequila with a WORM IN IT. Yeah, that happened.
- something about drinking wine and watching New Girl and how much I loved my roommates, probably to have been deleted in the morning.
- a picture of the huge bowl of popcorn I dumped on the floor
^^^ this is really embarrassing. You better appreciate my honesty, because otherwise there is absolutely no point in me sharing this with you…
Anywayssss, gotta go be productive and stuff. Have a good day & try not to embarrass yourself like me!